Wednesday, August 12, 2009

sweet energy boosts

WOW-

This week definately shows that August is a good month for martial arts business and energy!

(for those wondering, the picture is of my friend Jeff and I from years ago just being goofy with boxing gloves.)


I have had SO MANY phone calls of people that are interested in classes- young and old alike! During the summer we may get a few calls a week- but this week we have consistently been getting a good 4-8 calls from prospective students.

Monday night I was teaching the adult class at 8pm- doing a very basic but extremely fun boxing class- and a couple came into the school and got information since they were just so excited with what they watched from the windows outside.
Tonight I have at least five or six new people coming to try out self defense class!!!
Several of my students that were on vacation for the summer have started to come back to training within the last week... all great for my teaching energy, as well as seeing friendly faces! :)
-----------

As I was sitting here typing this tidbit of info, a guy maybe a few years older than me knocked on my door to let me know that he trains in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Hawaii. He gave me a nice bow and a handshake and let me know how cool it was to see a fellow martial artist as he walked down the street- awesome!
Last of all, I am driving to Kalamazoo on Saturday morning for a black belt meeting and to go over changes for referee skills- I get to see both of my instructors, so that is always a plus.

Fun times indeed!

No comments: