Thursday, November 5, 2009

A good week for New Edge Martial Arts

Wow. After having a minute to take a step back and break from teaching and office work... I have realized that the past week really has been a blessing for not only New Edge Martial Arts, LLC, but for me in general.

First of all, I would like to just shout out some praise to the Man upstairs... This past year has been rough on my mom (who is also my business partner.) She has had a number of all-too-numbing surgeries that have just lowered her spirits. Last week, however, she was cleared by her doctors to be able to exercise again and participate in the martial arts.
I am pretty happy for her, as she seems to be gleaming with confidence. It also helps in that we have another head instructor on the mat to teach our students. :)

We have also signed up a number of students this week- which is great, since the last part of October/beginning of November at times may seem like an off time for new people to come in.
There will be a test this Friday (tomorrow,) for several students... some testing for yellow belt... and others testing all the way up to deputy black belt! It is refreshing to see so many martial artists stick to their goals and enjoy the learning process.

As far as black belts are concerned- I could not be happier- My first group of adult black belts are now pretty comfortable with their current patterns and techniques--- and they have also, from what I have witnessed, grown so much in terms of being able to help out newer students. All of this has just really helped me recognize that the school is doing well- that I do love my job- and that others enjoy the exercise and experience they are partaking in.

No comments: